20 Characteristics of Moss Plant, Examples, Benefits, Classification & MetagenesisDilihat: kali
Characteristics Moss plant – a plant that has unique characteristics and is often referred to as a pioneer plant (pioneer). Know why? Before explained in more detail, first try to state what you know about lichens and mosses there are examples around where you live! If so, please learn more about the characteristics of mosses, classification, examples, or benefits. There are also good friends still remember about previous material, any material it?
Yes, the material fungi, bacteria, viruses, and other materials in the semester 1. The materials beforehand if observed a microscopic material that is of most small to fairly large and can be seen by human vision.
Therefore, in the initial study of plant material also starts from mosses, because this plant generally has a much smaller size than higher-level plants such as nails (Pteridophyta) and seed plants (spermatophyte).
Plant moss (Bryophyta)
Moss is a plant that normally lives in the soil surface, stone, wall, or tree wet. That is why, mosses is a pioneer plant, because it is able to live in places that can not be covered by other plants. And after the place occupied moss began to experience weathering, such as hard rock that initially becomes increasingly soft, the longer will be overgrown by vegetation other than mosses, such as a nail, or seed plants.
There are approximately 23,000 species of moss that has been identified, these plants usually live in damp and humid place. In order to clearly understand the characteristics of mosses, please do direct observation with the team or your group to take a sample or samples of mosses around you
Characteristics of Plant Lumut
Here are the characteristics of plants moss in general.
- Plants autotrophs (produce their own food) with photosynthesis
- Do not have a network of vessels (carrier) xylem and phloem
- Stems and leaves, but the roots are still in the form of Rhizoid
- Chlorophyll and generally green
- Also called transition Thallophyta plants (plants bertalus) and Cormophyta (plants berkormus)
- Experiencing metagenesis (rotation descent)
- Habitat in the wet and damp, surface rocks, large tree trunks, some even living in water (except sea water) as spaghnum
- The relatively small size between 1-2 cm, but some are up to 20 cm
- The cells are eukaryotic
- The cell walls are composed of cellulose
- The leaves are composed of a layer of cells in the bone except the leaves can be made up of 15 layers of cells
- Plant surface is coated by a layer of wax, it holds the ingress of water and reduce evaporation
- Reproduce by spores
- Mosses actually seen a phase of the gametophyte or are haploid (n), and
- that are diploid (2n) is a zygote and sporogoium which is a phase sporophyte
- When the zygote develops into an embryo, still remain in Gametangium females.
- Sperm are produced by Antheridium and ova produced by Archegonium
- Be primary stem growth, which just increases the length (height) does not increase the width (enlarged)
- Living in colonies
Plant classification Lumut
After knowing the characteristics of mosses, the following is a classification of mosses. There are several kinds of mosses, including:
- Moss leaves
For example, the following classification is a classification of mosses Marchantia sp.
Genus: Marchantia L.
Descriptions please’ll learn here »Plant Classification Lumut
Plant example Lumut
Examples of moss plants are often found in the environment, among others Marchantia geminata, Anthoceros natans, Ricceia natans, Marchantia polymorpha, Sphagnum, and many others. Specification details please learn the material moss species. Please click here »Plant type Lumut
Plant metagenesis Lumut
In his life, mosses experienced rotation descent or called metagenesis. Here is a chart metagenesis mosses.
Descriptions please learn the material here »metagenesis Plant Lumut
Plants benefit Lumut
In general, moss plants used for medicine, for example Clavatum, Marchantia polymorpha to treat hepatitis, and many others. More information about the benefits of mosses in the following materials »Benefit Plant Lumut
Similarly, a description of the material characteristics of mosses. May provide benefits to those who read it, so always keep the environment in order to remain green and uncontaminated.