16 Characteristics of Plant Paku (Pteridophyta), Example, Classification & ReproductionDilihat: kali
Characteristics of Plant Paku, this plant has to have roots, stems, and leaves as seed plants, but still has its unique characteristics such as moss plants that reproduce by spores. Therefore reproduction ferns also experienced metagenesis or rotation descent.
In this post we’ll learn more detailed explanation of ferns, including the classification, types and examples, the benefits, as well as the reproduction of mosses. If you traveled to visit the botanical gardens that much tumbuhannya, or perhaps a walk into the woods. Maybe you’ve encountered a similar plant ferns but different from the actual ferns.
Then, if the fern or fern? To be clear again, let’s let’s learn the characteristics of plants spikes below.
In contrast to the mosses, ferns (pteridophyta) are classified separately because this plant has had kormus (cormophyta) in the form of xylem and phloem that is functioning as a network carrier. Ferns already have roots, stems and leaves of plants as well as seeds, but still reproduce by spores instead of seeds. This is what makes the fern has a characteristic that differentiated from mosses and seed plants.
Habitat ferns usually in damp places, wet, watery, or in a dry and open. Based on the study of evolution, it is estimated berspora vascular plants such as nails have dominated forests during the Carboniferous period approximately 360 million years ago.
Plant traits characteristic Nails
Here are some of the characteristics of ferns.
- Autotrophs organisms that produce their own food by photosynthesis
- Have chlorophyll
- Including multicellular organisms
- The cells are eukaryotic (nucleus wall)
- The cell walls are composed of cellulose
- Ferns already have roots, stems, leaves and true. Therefore referred to as cormophyta berspora.
- Already has a file xylem and phloem transport vessels
- Metagenesis has two phases, namely a phase sporophyte (2n) and the sporophyte phase (n)
- Phase sporophyte (2n) are ferns itself and more dominant than the gametophyte phase (n)
- Ferns reproduction can occur asexually by forming Gemmae, and sexual reproduction with the fusion of male gametes and female gametes
- Leaves of ferns are still easy (at the end) are usually rolled up and scaly
- Based on the function, there are two types of leaves on ferns, which leaves tropofil (for photosynthesis) and leaf sporofil (to produce spores)
- Section that produces spores called sporangium, sporangium-sporangium will be wrapped in a container called sorus
- Based on the shape, there are leaves mikrofil (small leaves), and leaves makrofil (big leaves)
- His life is in every place, especially in humid and wet, it could be in a dry place and open
- Can also live on land, water, and there is also attached to the skin of other plants
Types and Sample Plant Nails
Classification divides ferns plant species nail into 3 divisio, namely:
- Lycophyta (wire nail), for example platycerium (Lycopodium sp.)
- Sphenophyta (horsetail), for example, horsetail (Equisetum debile)
- Pterophyta (true nail), for example, often found around which resemble ferns tumbuha namely nail pole (Alsophilla glauca)
More discussion about the types and examples of ferns, please learn here »Types of Plant Paku.
Plants benefit Nails
In everyday life ferns are usually used for ornamental plants in homes for example nail maidenhair ferns (Adiantum cuneatum), can also be used for drugs for example Lycopodium clavatum, for example green manure Azolla pinnata.
Learn more about the benefits ferns please learn here »Benefit Plant Paku.
Plant reproduction Nails
The following is one rotation of reproduction or offspring (metagenesis) fern species homospra (same spores).
Reproduction or more on rotation descendants ferns (metagenesis) please learn here »Nail Plant Reproduction
Well, enough of that first material that discusses the characteristics of ferns, if there are deficiencies or unclear please provide comments, or may also ask questions via Contact. May be useful for those who study it. thanks.